Good day everyone!!! Today I'm gonna share with you a simple recipe of Cream Puff. Basic, simple & easy. ^_^
For the puff, I use basic Choux Pastry recipe
125g butter (unsalted)
1 cup water
1 cup plain flour
Pinch of salt
4 eggs, beaten
- Sift flour and salt. (If you use salted butter, omit the salt.)
- Melt butter in water and bring to boil. Off the heat.
- Add flour and beat well until the mixture is smooth. Return to heat.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until mixture is shiny and forms one lump then let cool for a few minutes.
- Add beaten eggs gradually, beat well with a wooden spatula with each addition. (But do not over beat).
- Place on non stick trays in spoonfuls.
- Bake at 200 degree C for 20-25 minutes.
- When taken from oven make a small slit on the side to release steam.
For the cream filling (no eggs)
1 cup Milk ( I use 1/2 cup milk powder to make a cup or u can use fresh milk)
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup custard powder
3 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon condensed milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 tea spoon vanilla essence
- Mix dry ingredients. Add in milk. Mix well.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat.
- Stir constantly until it’s thicken. (Until it reaches that creamy consistency)
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter, condensed milk & vanilla.
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap then let cool.
Hope you guys enjoy the recipes... ^_^